5 Amazing Principles to Good Mental Health

5 Amazing Principles to Good Mental Health


First and foremost, I’d like to clarify that I am not an expert in mental health, I was a teacher in high school. However, I have been in the educational system for about 35 years. I obtained certification in mental health first aid, all the recommendations below are my personal opinion as a result of my experience in the field.
1. Sleep: Many experts suggest eight hours of sleep at night for adults but do you know that over eight hours of sleep can result to depression or sluggishness and less than eight hours of sleep can lead to nervousness or anxiety? Meanwhile, I still maintain that sleeping does not need to be completed in just a block of time of eight hours at a stretch. Personally, I only sleep for three hours, then work on my projects for one or two hours, and again sleep for another one to two hours. After that, I take my nap once or twice in the day time whenever I am tired.
At times, a nap could last for sixty minutes while only few of them take just ten minutes. I still think that the major key is to sleep anytime your body demands rests. Truly, I am semi-retired and the schedule of my work might not be the same as many of the professionals.

Read Also;
7 Amazing Health Benefits of Lemon

2.  A Scrupulous Diet Is Very Good For Mental Stability: I suggest a diet that contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acid. These include seeds and most of the nuts but the most useful ones are sunflower seeds, walnuts, soaked chia seeds, and ground flax seeds. I prefer soaking my chia seeds in milk all through the night and the combination of the two contents result in tapioca pudding. The cold-water fish offers a huge quantity of omega-3 fatty acid. Avocado is also a great source. Proteins with low fat are useful and such include turkey, chicken, beans and fish. Actually, a diet that is grounded around vegetables and fruits are also important. Then, probiotics are useful to ease digestion. Examples of probiotics are yogurt, sauerkraut and pickles.
3. Respect is another significant step. Make sure you respect yourself, hold yourself in high esteem and value yourself. Look for a particular thing you have passion for such as fishing, visiting a nice restaurant or going to the cinema once in a while, keeping a journal of your thought or go to a shopping mall.
4. Another vital area that pads your self-esteem and entire mental health is exercise. Walking outdoor most especially in the woods or a park where you can get fresh ventilation will go a long way while the sun will give you enough vitamin D which will help you stave off depression.
5. Engaging with other people one-on-one is highly helpful. Talking to another person face to face can give a valuable feeling. It is advantageous to leave your smart phone behind and begin to deal with people one-on-one.
All the five principles explained above will not only assure you of good mental health but will also give you an expected end.